"It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing."
- Mother Theresa
Volunteers get up-close with Telluride’s unique history by working with the Museum’s vast collections, presenting or hosting museum lectures, assisting with school tours, assisting with our photo archives, or acting as a museum docent. Whatever your interest, we have room for your expertise at the Telluride Historical Museum.
The Board and staff of the Telluride Historical Museum want everyone who contributes to our organization to benefit from their time with us!
Volunteer benefits include:
- Free admission
- Store discounts
- Free admission to select events
- Gaining knowledge of Telluride
- Meeting and working with
a diverse group
of local people
Upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- Special events: We need volunteers at our special events to help with set up, tear down, serving refreshments, greeting guests or collecting data.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS AT SCHMID RANCH! Sunday December 8, 11:00 AM to 4:30 PM. One to two hour shifts open for: Event Set-Up, Sleigh Rides, Wreath Making, Santa's Helpers, Greeters, and Traffic Directing. If you are interested in volunteering for this annual Telluride holiday tradtion, please contact Cameo Hoyle at email@example.com or follow the link to the google docs sign up sheet: https://docs.google.com/a/telluridemuseum.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ate6hPdbKATVdFp0RXh4Wk85YnZCN2wyNGc2a1hEV1E&usp=sharing#gid=0
- Collections: photograph and inventory artifacts in the Museum, and occasionally in Montrose where our reserve collection is stored.
- Exhibits: help change out our revolving exhibits.
- Visitors Services: greet visitors and collect admission fees. It's not often we need a volunteer to work the front desk, but when we do it's really helpful and a whole lot of fun!
- Poster hanging: a great way to help out with a walk around town.
- Endorse us!: We'd love to collect a picture of you along with a quote describing why you love the Museum and/or our programming. We'll be using these endorsements on our website, in advertising, newsletters and email blasts.
- Data entry: enter information from our collections into our collections database.