Volunteers get up-close with Telluride’s unique history by working with the Museum’s vast collections, presenting or hosting museum lectures, assisting with school tours, assisting with our photo archives, or acting as a museum docent. Whatever your interest, we have room for your expertise at the Telluride Historical Museum.
The Board and staff of the Telluride Historical Museum want everyone who contributes to our organization to benefit from their time with us!
Volunteer benefits include:
- Free museum admission
- Discounts at the Museum Store
- Free admission to select events
- Gaining knowledge of Telluride history
- Meeting and working with a diverse group of local people
Upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- Special events: We need volunteers at our special events to help with set up, tear down, serving refreshments, greeting guests or collecting data.
- Collections: photograph and inventory artifacts in the Museum, and occasionally in Montrose where our reserve collection is stored.
- Exhibits: help change out our revolving exhibits.
- Poster hanging: a great way to help out with a walk around town.
- Endorse us!: We’d love to collect a picture of you along with a quote describing why you love the Museum and/or our programming. We’ll be using these endorsements on our website, in advertising, newsletters and email blasts.
- Collections management: enter vital information about our artifacts into our collections database.
Contact us today by contacting Theresa Koenigsknecht at (970) 728-3344 x2 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.