In 1896, the signature building at the top of Fir Street was constructed. This brick structure housed Telluride’s hospital until 1964 when, due to a diminishing population, the hospital was closed. In 1966 the hospital re-opened as the Telluride Historical Museum.
2016 marks the Telluride Historical Museum’s fiftieth anniversary! To celebrate this momentous occasion, we are kicking off 50 Artifacts for 50 Years. Each week one of our fabulous artifacts will be profiled on Facebook and Instagram, then compiled on our website.