- This event has passed.
Snowshoe Tour – A Landscape Through Time
January 17, 2015 @ 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM MST$45
A Landscape Through Time: The Natural and Human History of Turkey Creek Mesa
It’s been said that whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting; find out who shot rancher Jake Lawson in a row over water rights on the next snowshoe tour with Eco Adventures guide, Eric Jorgensen.
The town of Mountain Village and much of the Telluride Ski Resort were built on an area known historically as Turkey Creek Mesa. Eco Adventures guide, Eric Jorgensen will discuss the natural forces that have influenced the mesa as well as its rich history of ranching that spans back to the late 1800s. We will finish the tour by discussing the mesa’s transition from ranching and agriculture to becoming part of a world-class destination ski resort.
- Price includes foot passenger lift ticket, snowshoes, poles if desired & guided tour.
- Tour departs at 9AM from Eco Adventures in the Franz Klammer Breezeway.
- This tour is designed for adults (18+) only.
- Guests should wear layered, warm clothing, ski pants and hiking/snow boots.
- No snowshoe experience is necessary, but guests should be physically fit and prepared for 2 hours of snowshoeing.