Telluride Historical Museum
Job Title: Museum Assistant
Location: Telluride Historical Museum, Telluride, CO
FLSA Status: Full-time/hourly, non-exempt
The Telluride Historical Museum is seeking a Museum Assistant to provide support for nearly all facets of the Museum’s operations, programs, and special events. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will aid the executive director with administrative and fundraising tasks and will assist the Director of Programs & Exhibits and the Director of Public Engagement in the creation and installation of annual, permanent, and semi-permanent exhibits, the planning and facilitating of the Museum’s array of engaging educational programs, the development and execution of the Museum’s fundraising event offerings, and help with other tasks revolving around visitor services, communication, publicity, and the Museum’s membership program.
This is an ideal position for flexible individuals who enjoy variety in their day-to-day work and are looking for an opportunity to use/hone an array of skills.
– Assists in the installation of the museum’s temporary, off-site, and permanent exhibitions.
– Works closely with all levels of museum staff to assist in the development of public and educational programming, exhibit interpretation, and interactive elements that enrich permanent and temporary exhibitions.
– Assists in assuring that the museum’s educational programs and activities are relevant to the community and museum visitors, and are of the highest professional caliber.
– Provides support for the management, care, and organization of the Museum’s artifact collection.
– Assists in the creation and distribution of the Museum’s marketing materials, e-blasts, social media campaigns, and other forms of communication.
– Helps with the management and coordination of the Museum’s membership program.
– Aids in the planning, development, and facilitation of all Museum special events and fundraising offerings.
– Represents the Museum in the community, at community-oriented events, and at Museum functions.
– Provides basic customer support/relations at the Museum’s front desk as needed.
– Other duties as defined by the executive director.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
– Flexibility, desire to learn, and ability to engage in a variety of tasks on a day-to-day basis
– Ability to multitask and provide support on multiple tasks/projects at one time
– Strong communications, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
– Experience working with/speaking to/presenting to a variety of different audiences from children to adults
– Spanish language fluency/competency is a strong plus
– Knowledge of/familiarity with basic computer programs and social media platforms such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), Google Business Suite (Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail) Facebook, Instagram, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, and point of sale systems.
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
– Ability to work in an open office setting with a family-like work environment.
– Knowledge of/familiarity with the Telluride community
– Experience with a non-profit or arts/cultural organization preferred.
– Graduation from an accredited four year college with a degree in a humanities discipline or other disciplines related to the goals and objectives of the museum. A mixture of education and relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a college degree for the right candidate.
– At least two years experience working/volunteering in a non-profit/arts or cultural organization environment and/or two years experience working in a customer-facing/customer service capacity.
– While the Museum is closed to the public during Telluride’s traditional off-season periods, Museum office staff work year-round. The off-seasons can be among the busiest times for the person who fills the Museum Assistant position. If having the off-seasons off from work is desirable, this will not likely be the best position for you.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and list/contact info of three professional references to [email protected]. Thank you.